May 14, 2020
Zoom – virtual meeting space
Zoom Video Tutorials
- Use headphones to stay focused on the class meeting in rooms where there are other people nearby or walking through
- Mute yourself or stop the video as needed to avoid becoming a distraction to the group in the meeting.
- Try to pick a quiet space in your home to participate in your class meeting preferably at a table or desk.
- Remember this is your classroom, dress as if you were going to school.
- During a lecture class or class discussion, use the raise hand function to be called on
Google Classroom- virtual classroom for receiving and submitting assignments to teacher
Google Classroom for Students Tutorial
Student Guide to Google Classroom
- Creating an account
- Entering teacher code or finding your class
- Submitting assignments
- Un-submitting assignments
- Private message- questions/ clarifications
- @Everyone commenting
Scanning phone apps
All free for Android and iOS
Adobe Scan – exports only PDFs and automatically stores every scan you capture on Adobe Document Cloud, so your scans are accessible from any phone, tablet, or computer.
Microsoft Office Lens – connects to Microsoft products. Also converts whiteboard notes or written notes to text.
Google Scan– free scan for photos and documents from google drive.
Google Hangout-video, txt or call up to 10 people/ small class video with emoji’s
Google Meet– Video or meeting space that connects to google classroom
Google Meet on Google Classroom
CANVAS- the official virtual classroom space for class communications and submitting homework at all four of the Peralta Colleges